2/06/2016

Sephora * Cream Lip Stain | REVIEW FIRST IMPRESSION

Hello everybody,
Today I would like to share with you another review, this time it's going to be about the Sephora Cream Lip Stain. I have been using this one for a while and i think that i've came to a conclusion so I'm sharing it with you today.



It seems like the market is now flooded with this concept of liquid lipsticks. Each of them claims to be long lasting and transfer free, this one included. I've Prepared a little wear test for you to really show you how it wears through the day. I'm going to take a picture right after the application then after 5 hours of wear without major eating, then another one after a full meal and the last update i'm going to do after full eight hours of wear without re-applying. Every time i'm going to do the blot test to test the transfer free claim as well. So this is how it went.

From left to right, straight after application, after lunch, after 8 hours of wear

Right after the application the color looks really vibrant and opaque. The whole application is quite easy but you have to be a little but careful because it leaves a stain on if you accidentally go outside the lip line but that can be fixed by using.a little bit of foundation on the edges. It applies quite evenly so that's a good sign. Quick note is that i'm not using any lipliner underneath just to really show sou the true product wear. The shade that i'm wearing if you're wondering is 03 Strawberry Kissed it's a classic red with some pink undertones, I find that this tone goes well with my teeth, better than the traditional hollywood red. Transfer wise, it transfers a little bit as you can see on the tissue.



Quick update after 2 hours of wear, i can see some bleeding outside the lip line but the color remains even and opaque.

After 5 hours color still looks quite even my lips are starting to look more dry which i can definitely feel on my lips. But that's something to expect with these liquid lipsticks, they don't contain a lot of moisture. Apart from this I can still see that bleeding outside my lip line that I mentioned earlier, this is really the most bothering thing for me about this lipstick, I think that a good lip pencil may help with this problem though.


It's about 12 am and I just finished with my lunch, I had some salmon with peas and I also drank some water. In terms of transfer I have noticed a little bit of red on my bottle and as you can see on the tissue the lipstick is definitely not transfer free. Even after blotting it on a tissue, i can still see some transfer especially from the outer parts of my lips when I kiss my hand. Color wise, it still looks pretty fine to me even though i can see some color wearing off in the middle of my lips, but that's to be expected when eating.

It's 3pm about 8 hours of me wearing this lipstick have passed. The color still look mostly opaque but it starts to really wear off on the inner parts of my mouth I start getting a circle of my natural lips that are showing through. I think that reapplying this lipstick would solve the issue easily. The feathering hasn't got any worse in my opinion it's stayed pretty much the same from the last update. One thing that surprised me is that even after 8 hours of wear its till transfers a lot.


To remove the lipstick I used some micellar water, that seems to remove it easily with couple swipes. It doesn't leave a major stain on my lips, I can occasionally see some color in the cracks of my lips.

Final verdict, I really like the color that this product gives me, it's very opaque and applies evenly. The price of this lipstick isn't bad either it's $14 on Sephora's website. It lasts on my lips more than any other product that I have tried so far. Even the feathering on my lip line is comparable to some other lipsticks without using a lip liner. For me this is worth the buck, It works. The only two things I wish this product would not do for me would be transferring and feathering outside my lip line, Other than this I feel like the formula is comfortable for a totally matte finish. It's not moisturizing or anything like that but I don't feel like I have a desert on my mouth. One thing to keep in mind that you're going to see in the photos also is that this lip product will make any little crack and flake on your lips really show up so I would recommend exfoliating your lips and using a lip balm before applying any matte product really.

Have you tried this lipstick, if so, let me now what you think I would really want to know:) Thanks for reading, Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment