12/30/2015

LA ROCHE POSSAY * Anthelios XL | REVIEW FIRST IMPRESSION

Hello everybody, Merry Christmas !

recently I have bought a lot of new skincare items that I wanted to try out, one of them is from the brand LA ROCHE POSSAY, a well known made in France brand. I wanted to try something from this brand for a long time but i couldn't decide if i want to commit to a completely new skincare routine, but over the past couple months I have been searching for a good sunscreen that i could use everyday and don't feel greasy and nasty like with a lot of sunscreens that are available. So one day while randomly browsing racks at my local pharmacy I came across this Anthelios XL fluid SPF 50+ sunscreen, after reading couple articles on the internet that were describing this product as a miracle I decided that i would give it a try myself and to my surprise I really LOVE it so far.

First of all, this brand offers a whole range of Anthelios XL sunscreens with each one being targeted towards a different skin type. From what i can see on their website they offer about 5 different types of creams/lotions/fluid. Me personally, I have normal to combination skin type so I decided to go for the ultra light fluid version, I think this is the perfect consistency for my skin type. First when you touch it it really feels like a fluid it's something like a watered down lotion, it spreads quickly and easily all over your face and it doesn't feel heavy or greasy like so many other creams that i have tried in the past. I would say it feels lighter than most of my daily moisturizers that i have used but still i feel like this product is giving me enough moisture to get me through the day. After putting this fluid on, my face doesn't look oily which i LOVE cause that's what usually happened in the past. I tried many oil based really light weight sunscreens but none of them gave me what i was looking for. With this one I'm left with quite a natural maybe even a satin finish which is exactly what i was looking for.

Fragrance wise, this product doesn't have a strong scent i don't notice any scent during the application, so good news for people with very sensitive skin, at the end of the day that's the targeted
group for this product so i guess no surprises here.

The only down side to this product may be the price, it sells for about 16 € (17,50 $) but i think that you're really getting a good quality product for your money. You're getting 50 ml of this light weight UVA/UVB protecting fluid which is quite good, I think you can get at least 3 months of use out of this little bottle.

A small piece of advice from me would be, be careful during the application or more precisely while you're getting the product out of the bottle. Because it's very liquid-e, it can very easily get spilled all over the place. They've tried to avoid this by putting on a nasal with a very small hole but still the liquid just comes out it's not like a cream that needs a little bit of pressure to come out so just be careful there.




So far after couple uses I can't complain i think this is a wonderful product that delivers what it saids, sun protection for sensitive skin that feels ultra light ! Definitely a holy grail for me, I think that this is not the last time I'm trying a product                                                                from this brand !

Until next time :) Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment