12/28/2015

THE BODY SHOP * Haul | REVIEWS FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Hello everybody,
today i have a special brand to talk about, The Body Shop, this brand has been one of my favorite brands for skincare and body care products over past couple years. I discovered it about 3 years ago by a mention from my grandmother, she was talking all the time about those amazing body butters that they offer. She gave me a sample of the strawberry scented one and i was IN. Just couple weeks later I decided to go do some shopping in our local outlet village when i say local i mean like 2 hours away in a different state :D Knowing that Body Shop has its own outlet store there just encouraged me to go ahead and try some products out. Most people that know me, know that it's go big or go home with me so i bought almost whole tea tree range and couple body butters, good for a first try huh ? Since then i have tried a lot of products and today i would like to share with you my most recent haul full of skincare products but also two body products.


Frosted Cranberry and Glazed Apple SHOWER GEL about 10 $

My favorite time of the year to buy new bodyshop products is around christmas, why ? Because of their annual christmas limited edition collection. Every year bodyshop comes out with christmas inspired scented products that are just amazing. I believe that this year's new scent was Prune and Vanilla scent but i guess because of the demand they've kept their frosted cranberry and glazed apple from last year also. I had to get something from the collection and because i have so many body butters which are amazing BTW already at home a decided to get something i just ran out of, some shower gel.

This is actually my second bottle of the frosted cranberry one so it's no surprise to me that i like it. It has the most wonderful scent on Earth. It smells like cranberries (logic) but also a little but like vine, it's a very interesting smell what i like about it the most is that it has some calming properties to it.

On the other hand this is my first time trying the glazed apple one and I'm not disappointed at all. If you like those sweet apple like scents you're going to fall in love with this one. It totally smells like apple pie, it's amazing and it has this nice green color also ! :)

Consistency wise, these are a gel formula but they have almost a jelly like feel to them. They have both some artificial coloring in them that's why the cranberry one is blood red and the glazed apple is a vibrant green. In terms of bubbles and the way they spread, they lather up quickly and spread almost effortlessly.

So are these worth it ? For me yes, but for me it's more about the experience, the scents cause overall they do what they are supposed to just like any other shower gel. I don't think these will clean your body differently from most shower gels out there but their scents are definitely unbeatable.

Vitamin E overnight SERUM-IN-OIL 27$

Lately I've been dealing with some dry patches on my skin, so i was trying to find something that would solve this problem. My first stop was body shop, previously I have tried the vitamin E night cream which was super moisturizing but really thick, and it left my skin feeling like if i was wearing a mask, nothing pleasent. So I decided to try this oil, cause oils are generally more lightweight and more comfortable to wear on your skin. So far I can't complain, i think it gives me just the right amount of moisture after applying my aloe vera night cream which I'm going to mention in a sec. On the other hand i don't think that this oil is a breakthrough product for me or a must have, i think that there are other similar products on the market. One nice thing about this oil is that it has a lot of vitamin E in it which is essential for your skin so a plus point for that. 


Bottom word, even though this is not a must have for me, i think I'm going to get some use out of it. It's not a bad product it just doesn't stand out for me.

Vitamin E LIP CARE SPF 15 9$

My lips are always dry, especially in the winter so as you can imagine i can never have enough lip balms. I already own a watermellon lip balm from body shop which is pretty cool but i wanted to try something with a protection also. This vitamin E lip balm offers a SPF 15 which is pretty good for a lip balm, otherwise it acts like a normal lip balm in a stick format something like baby lips. For me the downside to this product is definitely the scent, it doesn't have a chemical scent or something like that it just doesn't have any prominent scent at all it's more of that old school cosmetics smell which I'm not too fond off. Before this one I used my lip smacker (Cherry Coca Cola flavour) and i just love the scent on that one so I'm maybe a little over reacting here but i guess I'm just used to having amazing scented products from bodyshop. As with the last one i don't think this is a must have but it's definitely something I'm going to continue using at least just for the protection stand point.

Aloe Vera Moisturizing NIGHT CREAM 21$

This cream is my second favorite after my shower gels out of this haul. It's all i was hoping it would be, it's a nice rich creamy night moisturizer that spreads super easily across your face and neck area. It has the right thickness so it doesn't leave you feeling gross and greasy like I mentioned above with my vitamin E night cream. It's targeted towards sensitive skin types so it doesn't have a scent but in this case i don't mind it all. It's a very calming cream every night when i put it on i just feel instantly more relaxed and in the morning my face feels plumped and moisturized. The only downside for me with this product is the fact that it takes a while for it to get absorbed, i would prefer a gel formula with this one but still it's a nice product and I think about repurchasing it.

Seaweed Pore-Cleansing FACIAL EXFOLIATOR 16$

This is the last product from the bunch, and it's the latest one that I've tried also. I decided to test it out today in the shower and I don't know if I'm going to like this exfoliator a lot. It's a little rough for my liking, I was comparing it to my Clean&Clear one and another one from the tea tree range at bodyshop and this one is definitely the most aggressive out of the bunch. But i think that if you're gentle enough you can make it work for you, it's just not for everyone, meaning sensitive and blemished skin probably. I haven't noticed my face being especially red after using this product but i could sense that my face would prefer something a little bit gentler. Scent wise this product has an amazing scent as all of the products from this range it's a super calming, relaxing scent which I just love, consistency is also good i feel like i don't need to use a lot of product so i feel like this 75 ml bottle is going to rest me a lifetime :D One good thing that I've noticed with this product is that my pores look really clean after using it which is the main reason why i picked it up so even though it doesn't meet up all of my requirements for an ideal exfoliator i still think it's a nice purchase just to switch things up.


This was a long one thanks for reading until next time ! :) Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment