8/24/2016

Birthday Party* ORGANISATION | Invitations, decorations, cake, menu, outfit

Hello dear readers !
Finally I can call myself an adult, at least that's what the numbers say, in reality I'm not ready for adulthood at all :D But on the 17th of June I've turned 18 ! Today I would like to share with you my birthday party, outfit and everything between, maybe give you a little inspirations that you can use at your party.

Invitations

The first thing that I started playing with after we've established a date for my BDay party were the invitations. I love to play with photoshop so I decided to work with that. For the design I went with a striped and floral theme with gold accents. Here is the pattern that I created, you can use it for yourself if you'd like :)

Decorations

Second thing that I started to interest in after the invitations was some party gear. I went kind of light, I decided to buy couple name tags that I've put on my guests cups, everyone had a golden writing on it, I saw this detail while I was on a wedding in France and I knew immediately that I want something like this for my party as well. Then another thing I decided to buy, were 2 huge balloons in the shape of numbers 1 and 8 they came a lot bigger than I anticipated but I love them !


The rest of the decorations was provided to us from the restaurant I had the party at, but we tried to fit it to my color scheme as much as possible. The one thing that we decided to provide to the restaurant was a bouquet of flowers that match the flowers on my invitations just for that added touch of elegance.

Cake

My birthday cake was made by my singing professor she was so nice to spend her time and create this fabulous cake for me ! The design of this cake was inspired by my invitations so again black and white stripes and some edible flowers, just gorgeous. In terms of flavors I've picked a berry filled vanilla layer and a dark chocolate layer oh it was so delicious !!! Really hands down, one of the best cakes I've ever had.



I also had an unexpected birthday cake made by my godmother, it was delicious. It was a fruity cake with layers of fruit and chocolate on a vanilla sponge cake !


Menu

When I was deciding what kind of food I want at my party I was really thinking baout the fact that it's going to be summer so I want the menu to feel light and summery, if I can't have a party on the beach I want at least food that's going to seem like we're on a beach. For drinks we had just some champaign but to make it a little more special we added some fruit kaboobs in each cup, it really looked gorgeous and matched the whole decor. For appetizer I decided not to have a soup, instead of that I chose a simple honeydew melon wrapped in prosciutto, there were also a couple of toasts to go with the dish. 


For the main dish I wanted something that would please a lot of people so i went with chicken breasts filled with blue cheese. As a side dish there was some rice and steamed brocolli that were both topped with a creamy cheesy sauce.

Outfit and Make up

I had planned a couple different outfits dor this special day but at the end i decided to ho with a pair of white shorts from H&M then a nice boho looking indigo blouse and some nice purple shoes to finish the outfit. 


In terms of makeup I went very simple because nobody wants to look overdone on their special day, right ? For the eyes i chose a nude eyeliner from Rimmel London for my waterline then I applied a shimmery eyeshadow all over the lid and then to finish it off i just topped it with a coat of my new waterproof mascara from Rimmel London, you can read a full review on these two products here if you' re interested.

For my lips i wanted to try something completely different than my usual bright lip. I finally got my second liquid lipstick from LA Splash in the shade ghoulish just in time for my birthday so i decide to go with that i think that it nicely complimented the whole look. 

Gifts

So i really just want to thank to everybody for giving me some amazing gifts that i will cherish forever but mostly i would like to thank everyone for coming that was the best gift forever. I've got a lot of different unique things vut some of the things that i'm most excited about are my new sunglasses from Ray Ban, i really wanted them for a long time so I was very happy when I saw them. Then another gift from my parents that i didn't expect at all are my new gold opal earrings, I just love them, they are exactly what I was looking for. And the ladt gift I would like to mention is my pandora bracelet, this was totally unexpected and it really made my day ! Can't wait to start collecting all these charms ;)



Of course the rest of the gifts where amazing as well but that would be a really long post and I don' t think a lot of people would be interested in reading that.

Apart from gifts my parents also took me to an outlet city nearby to do some shopping and that was amazing as well.


So thanks a lot for all of you that decided to spend some time from your day with reading this article, it means a lot to me. This year was such a great journey I have learned a lot since I started writing in December :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment