1/29/2016

My Life in France * PART 3 | Vineyards

Hello everybody,
today i would like to present you that part of french culture that most people are familiar with the famous vineyards that you can find all over France ! My host family asked me if i want to go take a walk in the vineyards that are really close to Saumur in a city called Champigny and obviously I said yes.

5th September


So our trip was planned for 3 pm so i had plenty of time to just relax and do whatever i want. At this point i was still very tired from thinking, listening and speaking french all the time, you wouldn't believe how energy consuming speaking in a foreign language can be :D But i was slowly getting used to my new life, i knew where to find something for breakfast or where to turn the lights on so that i don't wake up the whole house, as i was describing in my previous posts my first days were full of new discoveries literally. But back to the subject as time of our trip was approaching i prepared my camera packed my bag and i was ready to go and discover another part of french culture. As I said before it was pretty close so it took us only 10 minutes to get to the vineyards. It was actually something like and organized visit of the vineyards, the cool part of it was that for kids under 18 admission was free so YAY ! And not just that each of us got a little bag full of goodies like juice, apple, pencil and some information about vine and vineyards in the region, pretty cool right ? of course there were vine glasses for adults that were about to taste some of the vines.

The whole course took about 3 hours, luckily the weather was still very nice, not too hot not too cold. It was like a long walk with the exception that every couple miles there was a vine tasting and also a little snack like raspberries or cheese or prosciutto really yummy.




Throughout the whole course our guide was telling us about the region, the process of making vine and sharing some of his personal stories. He was pretty interesting, the only problem I had was to understand him sometimes but i think I did pretty well for the fact that this was my first week.


Overall this is definitely something that i wanted to see before i came to France so i couldn't be more thankful that my host family took me with them, it was a bonding experience and i really got to know my "sisters" a little better and my host family in general.

I hope i gave you at least a taste of French culture today ! Until next time :) Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment