1/06/2016

RECIPE * Gluten free pancakes | Banana Coconut

Hello everybody,
for a long time i was wanting to try these 2 ingredient pancakes that just involved eggs and banana but something was missing there for me so I've decided to experiment a little bit and try to customize this recipe to my liking and this is what i came up with.


Ingredients:
1 large banana
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
2 tablespoons of shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil

Servings: 4 small pancakes       Calories: 374

You can adjust the ingredients to your liking, maybe adding almond meal instead of coconut or trying to put some coco powder in it could be a great idea to make some fluffy chocolate pancakes.

So first of all I started of by mashing up my banana really well so i couldn't see any big lumps of banana then I cracked my egg and mixed it in with the banana. Now i was left with kind of a watery consistency that just didn't seem right so I've decided to use some shredded coconut to thicken it up. And it worked perfectly, I think that you can use even more coconut if you'd like but i was quite content with the consistency so I left it as it was.

Second step is to heat up your pan i would suggest medium heat because these can get burnt really easily. Then I used some coconut oil, make sure that the whole surface of the pan is covered so they don't stick to your pan. To make 1 pancake I used about two tablespoons of batter this will make you up to 4 small pancakes so if you'd like to make bigger pancakes use more batter but I can assure you that for this recipe smaller pancakes are the way to go cause with this kind of batter it's going to be a little bit harder to flip them.

So now you're going to fry them on one side until golden even brown and then try to flip them over. It takes a little bit of practice to master the flipping part but when i was at my 4th pancake i really got the hang of it. After flipping your pancake just leave it there until the other side is golden too and your pancakes are ready to be served.


For serving you can add some banana or chocolate or maple syrup whatever you like, I personally like them plane for myself but that's me.


There you have it these delicious banana coconut pancakes that are very tasty and healthy at the same time, and the best part of it is that they are gluten free !

That's all for today, until next time ! :) Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment