5/18/2016

Best scrumbled eggs * RECIPE |

Hy fellow foodies,
recently I was really wanting to do some scrambled eggs but you know that scrambled eggs are so simple that they often get a little bit boring and blend, so I added some spices to the mixture that I think compliment this liquidy egg mixture amazingly and make it taste extra special. For 1 serving of my special scrambled eggs you'll need:


3 medium eggs
1 tbsp of unsalted butter
pinch of himalayan salt
pinch of grounded turmeric
pinch of provencal herbs (thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary, tarragon, parsley and some savory)*
*You can buy premixed spice blend at the store or you can mix your own

This is one of the simplest recipes to make but still there are a lot of tricks that can make it extra tasty. First of all you'll have to decide what's your favorite consistency of scrambled eggs, liquid, fluffy, something in between. I personally like liquidy scrambled eggs that you can eat with a spoon ! It's like a creamy custard I just love that, so that's what I'm going to show you today also. But If you like your eggs to be more done or completely cooked to the consistency that you can distinguish the egg white from the egg yolk you always have to start with the liquid kind and from there you can take it as far as you'd like.

The secret to the best liquid consistency eggs is to start in a cold pan. First I put a slice of butter to the pan and then I add my eggs, before I start cooking my eggs I also add my spices and mix it with a silicone spatula so I don't destroy the saucepan.



Then I start cooking the eggs on low heat, you really want to go slow If you want a very liquidy almost pudding like consistency. To make eggs this way it's going to take you much longer than those fluffy eggs but with practice you're going to be able to make them in 15 minutes or less. Keep stiring the egg mixture so that there are no clumps visible. If after 5 minutes of mixing you don't see the eggs getting cook turn the heat up a little bit and keep stiring with your spatula. When you'll see that some of the mixture starts to form little lumps and crumbles it's time to take them off the heat. Generally you want to take the eggs sooner because they are still going to continue to cook for a while when you remove them from heat.



That's it, simple quick dinner/breakfast recipe that's great for any occasion. I really like this particular recipe mainly because of the spice blend that I use. I think that the turmeric really takes it up a notch and gives it a very unique flavor that is both unusual and delicious at the same time. You can pair these scrambled eggs with some cherry tomatoes or any kind of vegetable you like :) Thanks for reading bye :)



No comments:

Post a Comment