5/11/2016

Kiwi Tarte * RECIPE | Healthy, Gluten Free

Hello everybody today I have another Tarte recipe for you, I used the base of my berry tarte recipe that you can find here and did couple changes to it. I had some leftover kiwis laying around so I decided to use them up and make this delicious light summer cake. I love the beautiful green color that this cake has, many kids would love this in my opinion. I tweaked my filling a little bit and I think that it's even better than in my Berry Tarte ! So let's see how I did it.


For the crust:
1 and 1/2 of cup of old fashioned gluten free oats
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1 and 1/2 tbsp of poppy seeds (you can use chia seeds if you want to add some fiber to it)
2 tbsp of honey
1/2 cup of water
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
pinch of salt

For the filling:
500 g of Ricotta cheese (you can use mascarpone instead or any other cream cheese you like)
2 tbsp of honey
1 egg white
400 g of kiwis

First we're going to make the oat flour. The easiest way to make oat flour is to use a high speed blender or a food processor and blend the oats on high until you get a flour like consistency.



Now when your home made oat flour is made or bought if you want to save time, you can mix in the poppy seeds, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, coconut oil, honey and water along with your flour and try to form a dough like consistency. It's going to be really thick like when you're doing a graham cracker crust. If you encounter any difficulties add more water.


Next step is to let your dough sit in the fridge for 15 minutes.

Make sure to preheat your oven to 200°C while waiting for your dough to cool. When done you're just going to press the dough into your desired form. I used one that had a diameter of 20 cm but I would suggest using something even smaller if you want the crust to be a little thicker.


Now it's time to make the filling first I used my electric whisk to whisk my egg white until I obtained a nice fluffy, foamy consistency. Then I mixed it with the ricotta cheese and honey. Make sure to taste the mixture before you decide to bake it just to make sure it's sweet enough for you. 


If you're happy with the taste you can simply pour and spread the filling onto your crust.


Now you're going to peel your kiwis and cut them into thin layers, as thin as possible just for the appearance. 

When you're done you can start placing them onto the filling, do as many layers as you'd like I just placed all the kiwis that I had as evenly as possible.

It's baking time. Put your mold into the oven for 35 minutes and your delicious kiwi tarte is ready to be served. First piece may come out a little bit crumbly but the rest should be okay !


Thanks for reading this summer recipe, I hope that you enjoyed it !

No comments:

Post a Comment