5/26/2016

LA Splash * Lip couture | REVIEW FIRST IMPRESSION

Hi guys,
today after a longer period of time a have a new makeup review for you ! I´m going to talk about my new liquid lipstick from LA Splash, couple days ago I ordered the lip couture lipstick from LA Splash after hearing so many good reviews about it. I decided to get the shade Hidden Desires which is a beautiful purple shade that´s so vibrant almost neon like.


Let me start of with the fact that this product is really long-lasting, that was the main claim that got me into buying this lipstick. I don't know if you remember but a couple month ago I've done a review of the sephora cream lip stain and although it stated that it is long-lasting and transfer free that wasn't completely true. It stayed on pretty well but it wasn't transfer free and after couple hours of wear it started to bleed outside my lip line. I can tell you that with this one it's a completely different story, I'm in love with this lipstick formula. I wore it for 8 hours and it didn't transfer at all, I noticed that the color is slightly wearing off in the middle of my lips but that's expected because of that excess moisture. Still dough I think that If you'd decide to reapply the lipstick, it would stay on till the end of the day.

The color was almost completely opaque, I could see some patches during the first application but when I applied a very thin second coat just on some parts of my lips I was very satisfied with the color. Also another important thing is that the color changes a little bit when it dries, but in my opinion it transforms into an even more flattering shade.

My lips freshly after I applied the lipstick.

It's a liquid lipstick as I said so don't expect any moisture coming out of this lipstick. But from my experience I still feel like this lipstick doesn't dry out my lips as much as the Sephora one, which is surprising to me considering that the Sephora one feels a lot stickier being on your lips. This one feel very lightweight almost like nothing on your lips. It doesn't bleed outside of your lip line and stays exactly where you put it.

My lips after 8 hours without eating, only drinking.

One complain I have about this lipstick is that later in the day if you look closely onto your lips you'll start noticing cracks, it's not very appealing I must say but still I don't think that it's that bad.

This is how the lipstick looked after 8 hours, after eating a tuna salad.

The removal was pretty simple, it went a lot quicker than what I was expecting because in lot of reviews people were complaining that they needed to use special makeup removers even oils to remove but I didn't have any problem at all. I just used a cotton pad and my Bioderma micellar water to remove the lipstick, after couple swipes and a little bit of a rubbing motion the lipstick was gone. After the removal I used a little bit of lip balm to replenish the moisture but I didn't feel like it was necessary.

The price is quite nice, it's definitely not the cheapest liquid lipstick on the market but it certainly is one of the most long lasting lip products I have tested in a while ! You can get this lipstick for $14 on the LA Splash website or on Ebay for about $13. I definitely don't regret buying this lipstick and I'm already planning on purchasing another one, the hardest things is going to be to decide which color to choose from.

Thanks for reading, until next time, Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment