3/09/2016

Tuna Tartar Sauce Salad* RECIPE | Simple and quick dinner idea

Hello everyone !
Another recipe for you today :) Starring one of my favorite things which is canned tuna ! Such a great ingredient for those times when you simple can't be bothered with cooking a fancy dinner but still want to get the best flavors. I've actually already done a recipe with canned tuna on my blog you can find it here, that one is a lot lighter and healthier if you're trying to cut on calories but if you're not or you just want to treat yourself with something delicious I strongly recommend you trying my newest Tuna recipes a Quick Pasta Tuna Salad. This is a recipe that my mum makes all the time so it was just about time to be published on my blog also. Let's get right to the ingredients:



For this simple pasta dish you'll need:
500 g of pasta (any kind you like I've used Fusilli)
180 g of canned tuna in olive oil
1 can of corn
5 tbsp of tartar sauce (If you can't find a pre-made one or just have a little more time Try this recipe for a homemade version of this sauce)
1/2 tsp of ground pepper
1/2 tsp of salt (for the boiling water)

First you're going to start by cooking your pasta according to information on your pasta package. Mine was supposed to go in to boiling water with a little bit of salt and cook for about 10 minutes. This is actually the longest part of this recipe because you have to wait for the pasta to cook. After your pasta is done you'll want to let it cool for a while. If you can I would prepare the pasta couple hours before assembling it all together. But if you're in a rush 1 hour is going to be enough.


Now it's time to put all the ingredients together, usually I start by adding my corn, I mix it in and then I add all of my canned tuna. After this step your pasta should be coated in the olive oil, depending on your tuna you're going to decide how much of the tartar sauce you're actually going to need. You don't want the salad to be to oily and greasy so make sure you adjust the number of tbsp of the tartar sauce according to the amount of olive oil in your tuna. Another important thing during this is step is to break the tuna in to small pieces and make sure it's evenly distributed throughout your pasta you don't want any bug chunks or places with no tuna at all either. Last thing to do is to add the tartar sauce and the ground pepper and your done.



Make sure to mix everything really well and taste your finished product. If you feel like it's too dry just add a little bit of tartar sauce or if you like your food a little more peppery add more pepper. If you left the pasta to cool down for a while you can actually go ahead and start eating it but I like it the best after it sits for a while in a fridge because the pasta soaks all the flavors in and the salad also gets a lot cooler.

That's it my simple dinner idea that you can eat for days to come, really a great idea for a take away lunch if you're going to work or even traveling somewhere.


I hope that you liked this simple tuna recipe, until next time bye :)



No comments:

Post a Comment