3/30/2016

Tandoori Chicken Masala Curry* RECIPE | Dairy free

Hello everybody,
two main dishes in a row I'm really trying right now I guess after that long list of desserts that I've been posting over the past couple days. Today I'm bringing you my recipe for Tandoori Chicken Masala Curry, for this recipe I was inspired by this amazing blog that is full of delicious recipes. Of course I had to make some changes that I think make it even better in my opinion and give it a little bit of a different taste. I love the original recipe as well so let's get to my take on this yummy tandoori chicken.

3 chicken breasts
3 cloves of garlic
150 ml of coconut cream
1 tbsp of oil
1 tbsp of minced ginger
1 tbsp of turmeric
1/2 tbsp of garam masala
1/2 tbsp of paprika
1/2 tbsp of ground cumin
1/2 tbsp of minced coriander
1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (add more for added spiciness)
1 tsp of salt (add to taste)
1 tbsp of sunflower oil (you can use any oil you have on hand)

First, you're going to start by mincing your garlic and ginger.


Then you're going to combine all of the spices with the exception of cayenne pepper and salt to a big bowl preferably one with a lid on so you can let your meat marinate.


Then add the oil and coconut cream and mix well. Now it's time to add the cayenne pepper and salt I like to leave these two as my last step because I always start by putting just a little bit of each one and then slowly adding more to my taste.


 Mix it well again and your marinade is done.


Second step or you can do this before mixing up the marinade also is to cut your chicken breasts in to thin strips. You can also leave the chicken breasts alone and then fry them in a pan or bake them in the oven for a nice crust but because I want to make a curry this time I'm just going to cut my chicken in to bite size pieces.


Then I'll just combine my marinade and my chicken pieces and throw it in the fridge for couple hours, for best results leave it in the fridge over night so that the chicken really gets all the flavors soaked in.

The next day start by heating your pan and frying your marinated chicken.


When you notice that the chicken is nice and fried and you see no raw pieces on the outside you can add the rest of the marinade if there's any left.


My chicken soaked it all in so I decided to add a little more coconut milk and let my chicken cook in a pin with a lid on for at least 20 minutes on low. You want the sauce to be simmering the whole time.


As the last step cook your rice, or potatoes and combine it with your newly formed sauce in the pan.
I chose to prepare some rice, so I just brought my water to boil cooked my rice for 10 minutes and then combined it with my chicken curry.


Mix well together and your curry is ready to be served.


I also decided to add a little bit more of salt cause I felt like it's missing something. I like to serve it with some salad in a simple vinaigrette (salt, pepper, vinegar and water).

Couple ideas for this recipe would be adding some carrots to the meat or a sweet potato also you can swap the coconut cream if you don't have any for a plain white yogurt as the original recipe suggested.

That's it I hope you like my take on this curry, I don't know if I should even call it a curry when it doesn't contain any curry powder or paste at all :D but it really seems like a curry to me so I'm going to call it like that anyways, Until next time Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment