4/10/2016

Beetroot Chocolate Cake* RECIPE | Healthy

Hello everybody !
It's been a long time since I posted a recipe for a cake so I'm bringing you one today. My mom recently came across this really interesting looking recipe that reminded me of my favorite cake which is carrot cake, so I decided to give it a go. I made couple adjustments to the recipe as always because I think that it just makes a difference especially if you don't like extra sweet desserts like me. So here are the ingredients for this healthy chocolate beetroot cake:



400 g of beetroot
200 g of dark chocolate (60-70%)
100 g of carrots
100 g of whole wheat spelt flour (you can use basically whatever type of flour you like)
100 g of coconut sugar
100 g of melted butter
100 g of grounded nuts (I used walnuts)
4 eggs
2 tsp of baking powder (or 1 packet about 12 g)
1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder


First you're going to start by peeling your carrots and beetroot.


Then in a food processor you're going to grate them alongside with your walnuts, you can do it manually if you don't have a food processor.



Next step is to chop the dark chocolate into small pieces you can also melt the chocolate in a microwave if you want to, that's going to make the batter combine a little better. But what you have to melt is the butter so put it in the microwave for couple seconds and pour it over your chopped chocolate mix everything well together. If you haven't melted the chocolate the butter is going to help to soften it up a little bit.

Now would be the perfect time to preheat your oven to 300 °F (150°C).
Before you put it into the oven you'll have to mix the eggs with the sugar and whisk it together. Then you're going to pour this mixture with the rest of your batter and mix well.

Last ingredients that you're going to mix in are going to be the flour and the cocoa powder.
After you have everything in, go ahead and mix everything well, you're going to get a very thick dough, but don't worry that's exactly what you want.


Now it's time to pour the batter into your mould and put it in the oven for 30-45 minutes depending on your oven. Best trick for determining if your cake is baked through is to take a toothpick and poke it in your cake, if it comes out clear everything should be nice and done on the outside as on the inside.

That's it your healthy beetroot cake is done and ready to be served, you can put some melted chocolate on top if you think that it isn't chocolate-y enough or a little bit of jam if you like a little bit of a sour twist to it.



I hope that you liked today's recipe, this was the first time I made this recipe and I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the way it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment