4/12/2016

Blue checked shirt * Peachy eyes | LOOK OF THE DAY

Hello everyone !
How's your day going ? Recently we had an anniversary party in my family for my grand grand mothers 85th birthday, can you believe that ? I hope that I would be still able to party at her age :D Anyways, as usual first thing that came through my mind when she invited us was what should we gift to her, it's not everyday that you have to figure out what to buy for someone that is a lot older than you. I'm not gonna lie, it's not an easy task to figure out what someone that's 68 years older than you wants but at the end we figure it out. If you're curious we went with a nice deep plum cardigan and a scarf from H&M that has a nice floral pattern that matched the cardigan. Second thing to figure out was what the heck am I going to wear ? You know that feeling when you stand in front of your closet and you just think that you have nothing to wear, well that's exactly the feeling I had when I opened my closet on Friday. But I figured it out and this is the outcome ! :)


Fotka uverejnená používateľom Katie (@katie_pa),

Outfit

So I knew that I don 't want to go in a dress because it was quite a rainy day, unfortunately. So I decided to wear a checked dark blue shirt from Gant that I borrowed from my mum (it's great when you have the same size as your mother :D) I paired it with a pair of white jeans from Mango and to bring in some color I finished my look with a peach colored floral necklace from H&M. I also wore my dark blue wedges that I got years ago from a brand called Baťa (mostly known in Europe) and I must say that these are just the most comfortable shoes to walk in, I can literally spend whole day dancing in these shoes and my feet would still feel comfortable. Another thing that I added to my outfit was this dark blue vest from H&M that goes with this outfit really well in my opinion.

Make-up

People that know me, know, that I don't wear makeup like never ! The only thing that I'm willing to wear is a matte lipstick and occasionally some concealer when I just can't stand that little zit that pops up on the worst occasion. For special events like family gatherings I like to wear a little bit of makeup just because I enjoy it and I have a lot of time not like in the mornings when I want to use every minute to get some more sleep. So today I decided to go just with a eye look because I think that my skin looked pretty good and I wasn't needing a lot of concealer and also I don't like the feeling of tacky makeup on my skin. I matched my eye look to my necklace, I went with this soft peach color that seems to be quite popular at the moment. I don't own a lot of makeup so I improvised a little bit and to create this beautiful shade I used my Rimmel London apocalypse in atomic rose, it's a matte liquid lipstick that has the perfect peachy color. I put that into my crease and blended it upwards slightly, on the lid I placed a light metallic eye shadow from Rimmel London as well just as a pop on the lid. I also used a little bit of my gosh eyebrow pencil but that's all. Oh and I almost forgot about my mascara I'm wearing Maxfactor's masterpiece mascara in brown.

Hair

I wanted to change my hair a little bit from my almost straight hair so the day before after I washed my hair and it was almost dry I did two braids on my head that I secured on top of my head with a hair clip. I used this tutorial for heatless curls that I have found on youtube couple years ago. The next day I just combed through my newly formed curls and that was it my hair was done. The only thing that I'm sad a little bit is that my hair even after 8 hours of sleep wasn't dry all the way to the roots so the waves did not come out as usual.

That's it I hope that you liked my little look of the day/get ready with me :) Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment