4/04/2016

Tarte au thon * RECIPE |

Hello guys,
so my last Tarte recipe was a real success so I came up with a follow up recipe this time using some tuna. This recipe comes from my Host Mum in France that was so nice to write me down her recipe for this delicious meal. If you haven't checked my previous Tarte recipe you can check it out here, where I also demonstrate step by step how to make the dough or in French La pâte brisée. Let's get right into it.
For the dough
200 g of spelt flour
150 g of butter
1 tsp of salt

For the filling
330 g of crème fraîche (sour cream)
240 g of canned tuna
2 eggs
3 tomatoes
3 tbsp of corn
a little bit of mustard
pepper to taste

So I'm not going to go in detail how I made my dough, but it's very simple and I explain it in depth in this recipe. This time around I made a couple changes I used spelt flour because I haven't had any whole wheat on had, and I also used a little bit more salt because I find that the dough has a better taste after that.

When you're done with your dough you can start mixing up all the ingredients for the filling start by pouring the sour cream into a bowl add your canned tuna make sure to pour all of the olive oil out if you have bought a tuna that comes in olive oil as mine did. Beat 2 eggs into your mixture as well. Add the corn and then add some pepper to your taste. Now you're just going to combine all the ingredients, mix it well so there are no lumps of tuna or any big yolk part of the eggs.

Now you can butter up your mould add the dough in make sure that the dough is nicely pressed into the mold and that the sides of the mould are all covered as well. Then preheat your oven to 180°C. When you have your dough inside of your mould you can spread a little bit of mustard on the bottom, this will give a lot of flavor to the tart.

And now you're basically done and can pour the mixture into the mould.

Cut some tomatoes and top it off with some grated parmesan.

That's it if you're satisfied with how your Tarte looks you can go ahead and put it into the oven for 45 minutes. Make sure to check it once in a while so it doesn't get burned or something similar.



You're done ! You can now enjoy this beautiful french piece of art that is so simple to make but really delicious to taste ! :) Thanks for reading through this recipe until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment