4/15/2016

Chicken Aragula Salad * RECIPE | Healthy

Hello friends !
I have another recipe for you today, spring has already come as well as the season where we just naturally go more towards those fresh salads that are peaking from every corner. At least that's the way I work, can't wait for summer and all these yummy delicious salads around me. This weekend I decided to bring these summer vibes to my household also and so I prepared this yummy Chicken arugula salad that contains some of the best ingredients.



For the salad:
4 chicken breasts (depends on how many serving you want to make)
100 g of arugula*
100 g of mache*
100 g of Feta cheese
10 cherry tomatoes
3 medium carrots
salt
pepper
*use any greens that you have on hand

For the vinaigrette:
2 and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
1 and 1/2 tbsp of balsamic vinaigrette
1 tsp of mustard
3 cloves of garlic
salt (I used garlic seasoned salt)

So start by drizzling some salt and pepper over your chicken that you'll want to cut into bite size pieces. Then you're going to fry them in a pen over high heat until nice and tender. You can taste one bigger piece to make sure the chicken is done mine was done in 15 minutes.

While my chicken is cooking I prepare my salad, I started by washing all of my ingredients and peeling my carrot. Then I cut my tomatoes and grated the carrots into a big bowl and mixed it all together with the arugula and mache. Lastly I added the Feta cheese that I cut into bite size pieces also.

When the chicken was done I moved on to the vinaigrette I mixed all of the ingredients and poured it over my salad. I spent couple minutes mixing it all together so that the vinaigrette is evenly spread through the salad. My tip would be to not add all of the mixture at one time, that way it's going to come out a little more evenly. The last step is to add your chicken and your salad is ready.


This is a very simple recipe that can be done in many ways, what makes it really delicious is the garlic vinaigrette, it just gives it that little extra something that makes it taste like from a restaurant.

I hope that you enjoyed today's recipe, until next time Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment