2/24/2016

7 Tips * For Healthy Hair |

Happy Wednesday everybody !
we're half way there we can do it ! Today I would like to share with you couple tips on how I'm trying to keep my hair healthy and tangle free. I gathered these tips over the years from my own experience but also from my hairdresser, so let's start with tip number 1.

1. Don't over wash your hair
Many people feel the need to wash their hair every day but in reality your hair may get even oilier just because you're washing it to much. It is advised to wash your hair 2-3 times a week, and if you're feeling miserable you can always get a quick fix with some dry shampoo.

2. Wash your hair in cold water
I know that we all love a hot steamy shower in the winter and cold water just gives us goose bumps but your hair will thank you, believe me ! When you're washing your hair with hot water it makes your hair more likely to get tangled and it dries them out also which can result in overproducing oil. Also washing your hair in cold water will help your hair look more shiny and less frizzy. My tip on how to survive this cold hair washing is to wash your hair separately, that means not while taking a bath, I usually start by just washing my hair in cold water with a shower head and then I take a hot steamy bath :)

3. Always brush your hair before washing it
This way you're hair won't get as tangled and it will be a lot easier to brush through once your hair is dry, because you certainly don't want to brush your hair too much while it's wet that can cause some serious breakage due to the fact that your hair is a lot more fragile when wet. My favorite hair brush is my tangle teezer, definitely makes a difference.


4. Sleep with a fish tail/french braid or another hairstyle
This one will not only save your hair from damage but it's also going to save you a lot of time in the morning. Imagine waking up with a completely brushed out hair that need just one pass with a comb and you're done. Don't forget to alternate the styles so that your hair doesn't get damaged on the where you put tie on it.

5. Use conditioner and shampoo on the right places
A lot of people of think that you need to apply the shampoo everywhere or that you need to coat every single hair in conditioner but that's not true. Normally you should concentrate your shampoo on your roots to really clean your scalp and then gradually go to the ends, but you don't have to put extra amount of shampoo just on your ends because that just dries them out and makes them split. With the conditioner you want to do the opposite, apply it mainly to the end try to avoid your scalp so that it doesn't get greasy as quickly.

6. Visit a salon regularly
From what my own hairdresser told me you should get your ends cut every 3-6 months depending on the length and the quality of your hair. Your hair is going to feel a lot lighter and get thicker and stronger.

7. Don't forget to use heat protection
If you can't resist the urge to create some beautiful waves or to make your hair super straight never forget about protection. Just imagine the heat that you're putting your hair through. Even better would be completely skipping any heat, try searching for some heatless overnight curls instead of using your curling iron every time when you're going for that beachy look.

So this is my little compilation on how I keep my hair healthy and tangle free I hope that you've found this post at least a little bit helpful. My next post is going to be on my outfits of the week so make sure to check that out on Friday. Thanks a lot for reading until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment