2/17/2016

Rimmel London * Salon Pro Nail Polish | REVIEW FIRST IMPRESSION

Hello guys,
Recently while shopping at my local Tesco store I've noticed there's a discount display full of nail polishes. Usually I get a couple different types to test them out because normally I'm loyal to my Sally Hansen polishes that I'm obsessed with but I decided to give a chance to these Rimmel London Salon Pro Nail polishes that are supposed to have some special LYCRA formula that is supposed to last on your nails up to 10 days without chipping. Well nicely said but is it true ? Till we come to any conclusion let's go step by step from the application to the whole wear time.


From the colors they were offering I've picked up this beautiful rose color that just seemed very unique to me it's a nice opaque fuchsia color that isn't neon or anything but still is pretty vibrant. I would call it a wearable pink, It doesn't scream Barbie but still you are going to notice this girly pink on your nails as the day goes on. The name of this shade is velvet rose which I think fits perfectly with the shade.

Initially right after I started applying this polish I was very satisfied with the coverage it was almost opaque in one coat. Nice rich and creamy color that was very easy to spread all over my nails. The brush has a nice size, not too big not too small which makes the application easy for beginners in my opinion. After one coat I was left with a nice color with occasional patches, I could see some natural nail peaking through the polish.

After the first coat I knew that this needs at least 2 coats to get to the desired look so I applied another one. This time I was very satisfied with the color, it was opaque very vibrant and I couldn't see any patches at all ! At first they were really shiny not as shiny as Sally Hansen's nail polishes but still a nice amount of gel like shine. Just to see the true wear of this product I'm leaving my manicure without a top coat to see how long is this formula really going to last.


The day of the application it was all nice and even, the drying time wasn't bad. But I slightly changed my opinion the next morning. I have done my nails about 4 hours before going to sleep and still when I woke up I could tell that my pillowcase is stamped on to my nails and almost all the shine is gone. It isn't something you would notice from a distance or even in pictures but when you really closely focus on them you can see that there has been some damage done to your nails. Next time I'm going to use a top coat for sure.


The second day went great till the late afternoon when I've noticed first chip on my right hand. I'm right handed so I wasn't surprised that my left hand looked better than the right one but still the claims on this product is 10 days without chipping and I haven't got even a full 24 h day of no chip wear. In the late evening I noticed some minor chipping on my left hand too.


On the third day I'm starting to see that the polish on the free edge of my nail starts to wear off but I haven't noticed any new chips on my nails.



Not a lot of changes the only thing that has change is my free edge it's even more worn off.


So this is the end of my test I've continued wearing this nail polish for another day and I just didn't like the chipped worn off look at all. So the 10 of wear claim hasn't worked for me I would say that you can get about 3-4 days of decent wear depending on what you do during the day if you're washing a lot of dishes it's logical that the wear time is gong to go even lower.

Final verdict, I love the color it's definitely my new favorite rose shade in my collection. In terms of the wear the only way I can imagine myself wearing this shade is pairing it with my Sally Hansen Miracle Gel topcoat which makes every nail polish stay on for even longer. If you're looking for a gorgeous opaque color give this one a try I can see myself using this one a lot for nail art but In compared with other drugstore nail polish formulas I don't think that this one stands out for me and beats my Sally Hansen Complete Salon manicure polishes or my Miracle Gel polishes. These to stay on for at least a week and look great even after that point.

So you'll have to decide for yourself if this is something that's just perfect for you or if this is a pass. That's all from me for today I hope that you've found this review helpful, till next time :) Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment