2/12/2016

My Life in France * PART 12 | Last trip

Hello, hello !
How's it going everybody, today I'm bringing you another part of the journey of my Life my trip to France. In my last post I showed you couple tips on how to pack and this time I'm going to talk about my last weekend in France, my last trip with my host family.


Our trip took place in Brittany again ! Actually this trip was planned so quickly I wasn't even thinking in october when I visited Brittany for the first time that I would return there so quickly but thanks to my host family I did. This time it wasn't for a wedding but for a christmas family lunch. Originally the family thought that I would be already on my way home on this date but at the end I had to stay a little longer, they asked me if I would like to come with them even if it's a family reunion. I was so flattered that they have even proposed to me such thing because christmas is the most family oriented holiday I can imagine of, so I was very happy that they were so generous to take me with them as a part of their family.

19th December

We left Saumur on Saturday morning, packed very lightly because we were staying there for just one night. 4 hours and couple pages of Inferno by Dan Brown later we arrived to Quimper to meet with some family friends. We arrived quite early so we headed to the town to go ice skating and of course some window shopping! It all started well I really enjoyed the ice skating part but unfortunately one of the girls that I've been with got injured, she was even unconscious for couple minutes so she had to go to the hospital. 
After these unfortunate events we took a little walk in the town and went for dinner with a couple of family friends. Again the dinner was amazing, French people really know how to cook. Their friends were super nice to me they even complimented my French they said that I've come a long way since I arrived cause they've met me previously when they were passing through Saumur once. I even found a new friend, we watched Miss France together and it was really fun we were just laughing all the time. I never liked pageant competitions like this but with our commentary it wasn't boring at all. We left at midnight cause we were just exhausted, thankfully our hotel was 5 minutes away.

Fotka uverejnená používateľom Katie (@katie_pa),

20th December

The next day we headed to Brest once again to have a family lunch. I wouldn't call it a lunch it was more like a feast I've never eaten so much. We sat down to the table with about 10 people, parents of my host dad, his sister, his niece with her husband and their little son it's the same couple that I went to wedding to. This time it was a little easier for me, because I already knew all of the people, and I was a lot more at ease when talking to other people in French.

Our lunch started with a soup, it was a potato porridge or something like that, not bad but not charming either then we could choose from up to 10 appetizers, I went with a goat cheese salad, it was so so good, I loved it. Then we could choose from couple main dishes, I've chosen some chicken with mushroom sauce and rice and as a desert I had some fruity ice cream. It was delicious but I was completely full and tired after this 4 course meal. Of course we talked a lot during the lunch about family, about my departure and other things.

After the lunch we headed to the house of my host dad's mum for some more food. I don't understand this family :D they eat all the time. She prepared some cakes but I was just so full that I wasn't able to eat anything. 

It was christmas so it was presents giving time also, I was so surprised when I've got some chocolate and a bracelet from the family, It was so nice of them. I wasn't expecting this of them at all. They really treated me like their third daughter and I'm still super thankful for this. I wish that everyone could have a host family as nice as mine was. After this beautiful spent afternoon it was time to hit the road again, for another 4 hours. This time it went by very quickly because I was looking forward to meeting my parents the next day !

That's it my last trip, my last moments with my newly gained host family, I really wish that we're going to meet one day again because this is one of the nicest family ever !
Thanks for reading till the end, until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment