2/10/2016

RECIPE * Brown Rice Risotto | 3 Cheese

Hello everybody,
today I'm going to share with you one of my favorite recipes to prepare, my creamy cheesy risotto that will left everyone with a mouth watering feeling. Personally I can put cheese in anything, pasta, salad, sandwich whatever but my favorite way to eat it is in risotto form. This time I decided to try something new and go for a healthier version of my recipe I switched regular rice for brown rice which even though has more calories has also a lot more fiber in it which is actually really good for you.


So here's what you're going to need for this oozy creamy risotto:
300 g of brown rice
125 g of blue cheese
50 g of goat cheese
200 ml of 33% cream
1 tbs of parmesan
1 tbs of butter
makes about 3 servings

First start by cooking your rice, I followed directions on my rice which said to cook for 35 minutes in boiling water until tender. I don't know If I should have left it there for longer but my rice was still not tender enough but I guess it's because it is brown rice not regular rice. So be aware that this may happen to you also but at the end I kinda liked the crunch that this rice had.


While your rice is cooking you're going to prepare your cheesy sauce. I started by just cutting my cheese in to square pieces, in case of parmesan I grated it, it's easier with a cheese as hard as parmesan is.

Heat up your stove, make sure that you'll use a big pan so that all the ingredients will fit in it. Then you're going to put the butter in the pan and let it dissolve it over medium heat. After your butter is all melted you can start adding your cheeses and mix them until they start bubbling. Now it's time to add the cream because the sauce as it it would be too thick. Bring to boil again and your sauce is ready, don't forget to taste it because everyone likes their risotto a little different.


A little tip on how to really adjust it to your tasting is to start with blue and goat cheese and then at the end add parmesan while tasting it every time when you add some this way the flavor of parmesan isn't going to be overpowering like it happens very often.

If you're rice is ready go ahead and mix it with the sauce, you can cook it for a while if you want but the risotto is basically cooked and ready to be served. Best served fresh but I tried to reheat it today and it was still gooey like fresh made :) I was quite impressed !


That's it, my creamy cheesy risotto that will please all of your guests, it doesn't require a lot of preparation so it is a great idea for an easy weeknight dinner !


If you'll try this recipe feel free to share your experience for me ! :) I would love to hear all your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment