2/16/2016

Butterfly Wings * TUTORIAL | Nails

Hello !
I hope that you're having a beautiful stress-free week ! Today I have a little nail tutorial for you inspired by the most beautiful insects that exist - butterflies ! Let's get right into it !



Start by applying No plain Jane by China glaze on to your nails. It's a beautiful duo chrome nail polish that shifts from purple to a grayish green color, I can't stop looking at my nails after applying this nail polish. This nail polish is gorgeous but it needs 2 to 3 coats to get opaque so go ahead and apply as many coats as you think will do. I applied 2 coats.

Then I'm taking an artist brush with a tiny tip which I will be using to paint on the butterfly wings. For this step I'm using Sally Hansen's Blacky O. This is the most complicated part of the whole tutorial. Personally I would try using acrylic colors because they are a little easier to work with but I have managed to create the design with a normal black polish also.


You're going to try to outline the edge of your nail and thicken up the line until it looks like a butterfly wing. Then you're going to paint a half circle in the corner of your nail and just connect the outline with this circle by drawing 3 curved lines. To make it look a little bit more realistic try to make the intersection not look as sharp try to curve out the edges and make it look organic and real.

Now for the easier part, take a the same brush that you've cleaned off in acetone and dip it in your white polish I'm using Sally Hansen's Get mood and start painting small dots on the thick black outline on your nail until you get the desired look. Place them randomly cause nature doesn't know any rules ! :D

And that's it, now you just have to seal your design in with 2 coats of topcoat of your choice I'm using the miracle gel one and you're ready to show off your new butterfly wings inspired nails. You can make tons of variations of this design using just a regular nail polish or even glitter nail polish would look great !



I hope that you've found this tutorial helpful and don't forget to share your designs with me I'd love to see them :) That's all for today, Bye 




No comments:

Post a Comment