2/09/2016

My Life in France * PART 10 | Packing

Hello Everybody,
It's that time that i was secretly looking forward to but at the same time it's one of the saddest parts of my stay in France, the packing. Actually I was really impatient to start packing cause I just love to do it that I've been packing for a while now. Still it was a little challenge to get everything sorted out and ready to be loaded in the car.

16th December

I'm not sure if I mentioned it yet but we were traveling as a group of 4 Slovak students and so we decided that we're going to pack on the same day considering that one of us was leaving on Friday which was in 2 days. In reality it kinda worked out, most of us were packed by this day if I remember it well. In my case I was almost completely packed with the exception of things that I still needed, cause I was staying in France till next week and that's still a lot of clothing to keep out of my luggage. But let's get back to the whole packing process. I had 3 pieces of luggage in total 2 smaller bag and one big travel suitcase. I started with shoes because these are usually really hard to pack, luckily i was leaving in winter so I could wear the biggest shoes, my boots that take up a lot of space instead of some flats that you can slip in any little free space. After my shoes I packed all of my clothes, I tried to pack as much of it as humanly possible. The worst part was packing my leather jackets and winter jackets they just take up so much space, but somehow I was successful and done it ! (After 3 hours approximately :D ) Here's a little picture of my luggage pre-arrival and pre-departure. Important thing, that I forgot to say is that I was traveling by car so I was super lucky not to look on the weight of my stuff cause I would probably be over any limits that exist. :D


I would also like to show you some of my study materials cause the same week that I was packing I was saying goodbye to all these books that I was using during these 4 months. They were kinda thick so after I got rid of them you can imagine that my desk looked a lot cleaner.


If you're planning on doing a huge trip like this also I would like to share some tips with you on how to pack for 4 months:

1. Take simple, staple pieces.
This means taking just one pair of blue jeans, one pair of black jeans when you think about it do you really need more than one pair ?

2. Think about the climate you're going to 
You don't need to pack sandals if you're going to a place where there's 20 degrees all the tim.

3. Pack a handbag in to another handbag and continue while there is place.
You're going to save so much space, and all your bags are going to be packed together, ready to be unpacked and used.

4. Avoid packing books, instead you can pack an iPad with some e-books in it.

5. Stationery items, and toiletries that you don't need immediately leave at home.
You can probably buy the same things when you arrive without wasting that precious space.

6. Pack your socks into your boots.
This way you're not wasting that space that would be otherwise unused.

7. Make a list in advance.
You're going to pack less things if you're going to have a strict plan that you're going to stick with.


This is all I can think of right now, but these are some of the most helpful tips and tricks that I used while packing for my trip.
I hope you'll find at least one of these tips helpful, that's all for today, Bye :)


No comments:

Post a Comment